About the company
PhantomBuster is a cloud-based automation and data extraction software that allows businesses to grow faster. Our core mission is enabling thousands of companies to boost their growth by finding and connecting with their ideal customers.
Founded in 2016, PhantomBuster provides a toolbox of over 130 flows (we call them "Phantoms") to help businesses automate their sales and marketing processes or scrape valuable data readily available on X (Twitter), Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other online platforms. It's never been easier for non-technical people to extract the data they need, automate actions, and get their work done better and faster - every day, people are saving tens of thousands of hours of work thanks to our Phantoms!
We are a team of 50 passionate people looking to help more businesses save time on repetitive tasks and focus on what matters. Join us so you can enjoy working at a self-funded, profitable, remote, 4-day workweek company!
About Buster Engineering Department
Accelerating the growth of our company, our Buster Engineering Department is a group of Engineers passionate about great user experience and smooth interfaces. As a member of this team, you cooperate closely with the Product team to deliver the best possible experience to our users.
You will join one of our autonomous product Squads consisting of 3-5 Software Engineers, a Squad Lead, a Product Manager, and a Product Designer. We are looking for an experienced and autonomous Software Engineer with solid technical skills and a user-oriented mindset. As we search for a seasoned Front-end professional, we wish for someone who has some back-end knowledge and is eager to use it.
The technical stack you will use:
React is our framework of choice
- We use TypeScript with strict rules
- We develop our design system-related components with the help of Storybook for documentation and validation purposes
- Our components are styled with Tailwind CSS
- We test our code through Jest and Cypress
Additionally, our technical stack includes:
- coms: Slack & Discord
- code related: GitHub & CircleCI
- project management: JIRA & Notion
- Develop product increments, handling projects hand in hand with your Product Manager and your Squad Lead to produce solutions that work for our customers
- Challenge product and technical features, help the team to make sure we focus on the right thing at the right time
- Maintain and develop high-quality front-end features and Design System
- Review the work of the team with a focus on feature quality and maintainability
- Participate in the support duty of the team (report and fix bugs)
- Improve the test suite from unit tests to end-to-end tests
- Write Decision Records and relevant technical documentation
- Keep an eye on our development cycle to raise issues if needed
You might be a fit if
- You always try to stand in the user's shoes
- You have a solid background in writing front-end applications using modern frameworks ->
- Experienced with React.js or any modern framework;
- A clear understanding of REST/JSON APIs;
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS;
- You have a pronounced taste for strongly typed languages ->
- Either having experience with Typescript;
- You also have back-end technologies knowledge and wish to use it
- You know how to write efficient and meaningful code reviews and are open to being thoroughly challenged
- You have already worked with a design system
- You love elegant yet pragmatic code (pragmatism is something you will find a lot of at Phantom Buster)
- You like challenges and are a team player
- You have good coding practices: Git, Testing, Documentation, CI/CD
- You are comfortable writing and speaking in English
- You are based in France
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary around 55k€ per annum, depending on your skills and experience
- Flexible working environment - working fully remotely with flexible hours
- Possibility to work 4 days a week after your probation period
- Benefits and perks are described below
- Screening with our Talent Partner, Jakub (45min)
- Job Fit interview with our Engineering Manager, Lionel, and one of our Software Engineers (1hr)
- Remote Technical Case (one week to do it)
- Technical Case debriefing with 2 of our Software Engineers (1hr)
- Cultural Fit Interview with Benoît and one more colleague from another department (1hr)
At Phantom Buster, we know that the perfect candidate doesn't exist, so even if you don't fulfill all the requirements for this position, please don't hesitate to apply!